Cryopreserved PBMCs Offer Advantages Over Fresh
Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells (PBMCs) derived from Leukopaks are a rich source of leukocytes, the ideal starting material for isolating T cells, B cells, natural killer cells, and monocytes. Many researchers have empirically determined that fresh PBMCs consistently provide optimal quality in terms of cell count and cell viability. However, sourcing fresh PBMCs can be complicated through the coordination of collection and experimental schedules, transient warming effects impacting product integrity throughout the shipping process, and the varying consistency of starting materials used for small scale, repeated experiments.
Cryopreserved PBMCs, in contrast, offer several advantages over fresh PBMCs. To highlight these advantages, AllCells performed comparative studies to evaluate differences in viability and cell populations of fresh PBMCs versus cryopreserved PBMCs. The results demonstrated that Cryopreserved and fresh PBMCs are comparable.
Equivalent Cell Viability for Fresh and Cryopreserved PBMCs
The average viability by AO/PI of thawed cryopreserved PBMCs is equivalent, within assay variation, to those of fresh PBMCs. Analysis based on 100M PBMCs cryopreserved with AllCells’ Cryopreservation medium, cryopreserved and thawed with AllCells’ optimized thaw procedure. (https://www.allcells.com/resources-and-support/storage-thawing/) as compared to our Fresh 100M PBMCs formulated immediately in AllCells’ Fresh Medium.
Comparable Cell Populations for Fresh and Cryopreserved PBMCs
Relative cell populations as measured by FACS are equivalent for our Fresh and Cryopreserved Products. Optimized freezing and thawing methods assure the highest quality and consistency.
Benefits of Cryopreserved PBMCs:
- Speed – Ordering with AllCells Webstore Configurator (AWC) gives you the power to identify cryopreserved products, specify donor attributes relevant to your experiments, view real time available inventory, and order directly from the online platform 24/7. Receive in-stock cells in as little as 2 days after ordering.
- Consistency – Purchase and store larger quantities from a single donor to minimize variation. Bulk quantity pricing available for your larger projects or for collaborators.
- Convenient – Develop your experiment plans knowing that high quality material is available in your cryotank, ready for use.
The AllCells Advantage: Focus on Quality
AllCells’ quality-controlled and continuously optimized processes from donor recruitment to delivery ensure that you receive reproducible and consistently high quality cells, minimizing your experimental variability.
- State-of-the-art apheresis equipment, protocols and extensive clinical expertise deliver optimal cell quality.
- Isolation and cryopreservation processes performed immediately onsite after collection ensures the highest possible cell viability.
- Validated AeroSafe Global Packaging for cryopreserved shipments to minimize transient warming events impacting cell quality and performance.